Ever felt the need to join a gym, but dropped the idea because of lack of time? Even if, most of us agree to the fact that we should do regular exercise and cardio vascular workout to live a healthy and happy life, only a few of us find the motivation to go to the gym. But did you know that you can setup your own personal home gym and make it so inviting that you will never miss to work out? Yes, setting up a personal home gym is an in trend, and if you have skipped working out due to lack of time, then you can easily set up and decorate your home gym to exercise regularly, without fail. Continue reading Tips to Setup and Decorate Your Home Gym – ServiceSutra
Carpets are like the clothes for the floors of your home. Just like any other accessories, the carpets also need a special mention when it comes to interior decorating of home. There are various kinds of carpets, and most often it is changed according to the season. The carpet that you had in winter season may not suit in summer and vice versa. Choosing the best carpet for home is equally difficult, because there are thousands of varieties of carpets in the market. But a friend of mine helped me choose the best carpet for home, because he happens to work with an upholstery shop and he knows everything that one should know when choosing a carpet. Continue reading How to Choose the Best Carpet for Home and Keep it Clean and Tiday
Winter is bidding adieu and the time has arrived to welcome the sizzling weather. India is a tropical country where the summer seasons are prevalent. Most of the year is owned by this season, so we have to make some special arrangements to welcome the summer season. And if you are wondering about home decorating this summer, here’s the post worth reading. I am going to share a few quick and simple home decorating tips for summer, that you can use and make your home ready to welcome the season. Continue reading Home Decorating Tips for Summer – Welcome the summer in style
If you want to make your room look perfect, then you cannot ignore the floors. The beauty of the floors is enhanced by proper carpets or rugs. The carpets embrace the floors in utmost care; the floors can be saved from damage too, all thanks to the carpets. But there are various kinds of carpets and rugs available in the market. And if you are planning to buy a carpet but you are not unsure about which one to buy then here’s the post worth reading. In this post, I am going to talk about how to choose best carpet and rugs for your home. Continue reading How to Choose the Best Carpet and Rugs for Home
Are you struggling with cluttered cabinets, jam-packed pantry and disorganized countertop? Are you also among those who are struggling with lack of storage space in the kitchen? Well, the secret to smart kitchen storage is not having more space, but it’s all about using the kitchen storage smartly. And in this post, I am going to share a few smart kitchen storage tricks that can seriously help you create plenty of space in your kitchen. Continue reading 5 Fabulous Kitchen Storage Tricks to Get More Storage Space
The moment you think of decorating your home, the first thing that may possibly come to your mind is the budget, followed by creative ideas. And if you are planning to redecorate your home and wondering about costs or ideas, then this is the post worth reading. We are going to talk about some of the coolest ways to recycle and reuse existing home décor items to decorate your home. Continue reading 7 Home Decor Items That Can Be Recycled and Reused
When it comes to house shifting, overall cost, time and effort required can give you shills down your spine. Both local and interstate house shifting can be tiring and stressful, especially if you have never relocated in the past. There are so many tasks to look at and it’s not going to be easy, and hence you decide to book movers and packers services. But even if there is a mover to help you relocate, having a bit of prior knowledge or experience of house shifting can be phenomenal. And if you are planning to house shifting and wondering about the stress, time, money and everything else, then here’s the post worth checking.
House shifting can be a messy affair, because there are several uncertainties. Finding rates of movers, proper packing, loading, unloading and transit insurance are some of the important concerns. And the mantra to have a stress free house shifting is prior planning and adequate understanding of the process and people involved (read movers).
On the basis of your research, you can decide what to do and what not to do. There is no shortcut to this, planning a month before the actual move will make the home shifting hassle free, and you will have enough time in your hand to relax and enjoy some quality time with friends and family.
House shifting hacks to save time and stress
Here are the quick and simple hacks to help you save time, money and stress when shifting a house, and all household articles.
- Start to maintain a diary or a writing pad where you can jot down all the smallest details. This way you won’t forget anything, and you will find all the things at your fingertips.
- Start packing prior to one month, at least so that you do not run out of time.
- Visit the local retail stores and see for the boxes and crates if they have some. If you are well acquainted with them, then you can get some of the packing supplies from them.
- Do the packing yourself (for smaller and hardy items) using original boxes, to cut off the extra budget on packing.
- Ask your friends and cousins to help you packing, you cannot do all the packing yourself.
- Arrange fun foods like pizza and drinks, and then involve all your acquaintances to help you packing your items. This way, you can spend some time with them too.
- Collect all the newspapers and bubble wraps that you can get, and use them while packing.
- Apply lots of packing tapes; use the tapes in the box joints. Taping is not to just close the box, but it also gives strength to the box to carry appropriate weight.
- Wrap the brittle items and glassware in towels so that you do not have to buy them again after you reach your new home. Pack them well so that they can endure the journey.
- Use bed sheets, linens and crumpled newspapers as cushions while packing the items.
- It is best to use the original boxes of the appliances so that they can be in good conditions.
- Do not hire the professionals for packing and unpacking as this can save some extra money.
- Pack the items which you use daily and frequently, which is necessary for you, do not include the items that you do not need.
- Get rid of the unwanted items, or the items that you do not use. You can donate them, put them on sale and also throw them. If you put them on sale then you can earn some extra bucks for you too.
- The more the number and weight of the items, the higher will be the rate of home shifting.
- Choose a weekday for shifting, as the rates tend to go higher in the weekends.
- Be flexible with the dates and time, have detail conversation with movers.
- Talk to at least 3 moving companies of your city before freezing one. Comparing often gives you best of ideas and helps you bargain and get better deal.
- Always take chance with bargaining, but don’t do too much of bargaining, else the mover may compromise with the quality of packing.
- And last but not the least, have a post move plan in place.
Over to you
You may have many concerns when you’re moving house, and each of the concern can be addressed by adequate planning. In most of the cases, inadequate planning results in plenty of hassles and stress.
And the mantra of moving house without any stress is to plan properly, research well and know everything in detail. Figure out the date of moving, check quotations; find the detailed process of packing, packing supplies being used and terms of insurance.
Apart from that, just ensure that you have sorted your inventory well, compared and negotiated with potential house shifting companies and finalize everything well ahead of actual moving day.
Try these hacks when you’re moving house next time and share your experiences. And if you know any other hacks that may help in saving, time, money or stress when moving house, then feel free to share it by commenting below.
Wishing you a happy and peaceful relocation!
The bed bugs are tiniest creatures, powerful enough to disturb your peaceful sleep at night. There is high chance that you will not be able to find the bed bugs easily, but once you sleep they will be active and start biting you. When you wake up, you will find the bite marks on your skin, red rashes and swells just like mosquito bites, itching and burning sensation on the skin. The bedbugs can actually give you sleepless nights. And that’s not the only problem, finding bed bugs or detecting bed bugs infestation is equally difficult. In this post, I am going to talk about the best ways to detect and eradicate bed bugs successfully. Continue reading Best Ways to Detect and Eradicate Bed Bugs Infestation
Do you have an extra spare room in your house? Are you wondering about how to make this extra room to work for you? Having an extra or spare room is a blessing and you can use it in many ways. You can be lazy and convert this spare room into a store room, and dump all the useless items here. Or instead of being a hoarder and dumping the room, or you can simply recreate your spare room and make it one of the best part of your home. And if you are not sure about using or decorating the room, then this is the post worth reading. I am going to share 10 awesome ideas that you can use to recreate your spare room and feel good about it. Continue reading 10 Awesome Ideas to Recreate Your Spare Room This Season
The moment you think that you have to abandon your old and familiar house and move to a new place; all that emotions and tensions come gushing forth towards you. You feel sad and anxious; you are leaving your home and going to a new place. Moving and relocating to a new place is not always easy, both emotionally and physically. And for physical stress, you can hire movers and packers, but what about the emotional stress? Well I have moved and relocated several times, and I know how it feels. But if you look at it from the other point of view, you may agree with me that there are brighter sides of moving and relocating to a new place. And that’s what we are going to look at in this post. Continue reading Brighter Sides Of Moving And Relocating To A New Place