Home relocation is never an easy task and unfavorable weather conditions make things more difficult. Be it extreme summer heat, nonstop downpour in monsoon to extreme cold in winter, weather is always a deciding factor when it comes to relocation. Nevertheless, as far as Indian climate is concerned, I will personally prefer winter relocation (as most places in India do not experience extreme cold or snowfall) in comparison to the unbearable summer heat and nonstop rain that it experiences. Not just that, home relocation in winter season has many advantages and I am going to discuss all of them today in this article. I will also discuss packing moving tips to get it right during winter. So if you have plans for relocation, you may do it this winter. Continue reading 15 Tips for Hassle Free Home Relocation in Winter Season
Packing is a crucial step in home relocation. And unless you know how to pack your home perfectly, you may end up in a mess. Here are the smart packing tips that will make you feel like a pro and relocate your home in one day, without any hassles. Continue reading How to Pack Your Home to Move in One Day?
When it comes to house shifting, overall cost, time and effort required can give you shills down your spine. Both local and interstate house shifting can be tiring and stressful, especially if you have never relocated in the past. There are so many tasks to look at and it’s not going to be easy, and hence you decide to book movers and packers services. But even if there is a mover to help you relocate, having a bit of prior knowledge or experience of house shifting can be phenomenal. And if you are planning to house shifting and wondering about the stress, time, money and everything else, then here’s the post worth checking.
House shifting can be a messy affair, because there are several uncertainties. Finding rates of movers, proper packing, loading, unloading and transit insurance are some of the important concerns. And the mantra to have a stress free house shifting is prior planning and adequate understanding of the process and people involved (read movers).
On the basis of your research, you can decide what to do and what not to do. There is no shortcut to this, planning a month before the actual move will make the home shifting hassle free, and you will have enough time in your hand to relax and enjoy some quality time with friends and family.
House shifting hacks to save time and stress
Here are the quick and simple hacks to help you save time, money and stress when shifting a house, and all household articles.
- Start to maintain a diary or a writing pad where you can jot down all the smallest details. This way you won’t forget anything, and you will find all the things at your fingertips.
- Start packing prior to one month, at least so that you do not run out of time.
- Visit the local retail stores and see for the boxes and crates if they have some. If you are well acquainted with them, then you can get some of the packing supplies from them.
- Do the packing yourself (for smaller and hardy items) using original boxes, to cut off the extra budget on packing.
- Ask your friends and cousins to help you packing, you cannot do all the packing yourself.
- Arrange fun foods like pizza and drinks, and then involve all your acquaintances to help you packing your items. This way, you can spend some time with them too.
- Collect all the newspapers and bubble wraps that you can get, and use them while packing.
- Apply lots of packing tapes; use the tapes in the box joints. Taping is not to just close the box, but it also gives strength to the box to carry appropriate weight.
- Wrap the brittle items and glassware in towels so that you do not have to buy them again after you reach your new home. Pack them well so that they can endure the journey.
- Use bed sheets, linens and crumpled newspapers as cushions while packing the items.
- It is best to use the original boxes of the appliances so that they can be in good conditions.
- Do not hire the professionals for packing and unpacking as this can save some extra money.
- Pack the items which you use daily and frequently, which is necessary for you, do not include the items that you do not need.
- Get rid of the unwanted items, or the items that you do not use. You can donate them, put them on sale and also throw them. If you put them on sale then you can earn some extra bucks for you too.
- The more the number and weight of the items, the higher will be the rate of home shifting.
- Choose a weekday for shifting, as the rates tend to go higher in the weekends.
- Be flexible with the dates and time, have detail conversation with movers.
- Talk to at least 3 moving companies of your city before freezing one. Comparing often gives you best of ideas and helps you bargain and get better deal.
- Always take chance with bargaining, but don’t do too much of bargaining, else the mover may compromise with the quality of packing.
- And last but not the least, have a post move plan in place.
Over to you
You may have many concerns when you’re moving house, and each of the concern can be addressed by adequate planning. In most of the cases, inadequate planning results in plenty of hassles and stress.
And the mantra of moving house without any stress is to plan properly, research well and know everything in detail. Figure out the date of moving, check quotations; find the detailed process of packing, packing supplies being used and terms of insurance.
Apart from that, just ensure that you have sorted your inventory well, compared and negotiated with potential house shifting companies and finalize everything well ahead of actual moving day.
Try these hacks when you’re moving house next time and share your experiences. And if you know any other hacks that may help in saving, time, money or stress when moving house, then feel free to share it by commenting below.
Wishing you a happy and peaceful relocation!
The moment you think that you have to abandon your old and familiar house and move to a new place; all that emotions and tensions come gushing forth towards you. You feel sad and anxious; you are leaving your home and going to a new place. Moving and relocating to a new place is not always easy, both emotionally and physically. And for physical stress, you can hire movers and packers, but what about the emotional stress? Well I have moved and relocated several times, and I know how it feels. But if you look at it from the other point of view, you may agree with me that there are brighter sides of moving and relocating to a new place. And that’s what we are going to look at in this post. Continue reading Brighter Sides Of Moving And Relocating To A New Place
Relocation is itself a very complicated task as you have to move from your acquainted place to another unknown place. You have to move all your domestic household articles from one home to another and that is not easy. You have to rely on a moving agency because Do-It-Yourself relocation can be even more complex to handle, especially if this is your first move. Even if you hire a moving company, you have to be a little aware of several things to ensure your goods are relocated without hassles. Moving fraud is not uncommon; many cases are reported here and there on the internet. If you are planning to relocate and wondering about best ways to hire movers and avoid moving fraud, then this is the post worth reading. I am going to share all that’s worth knowing about how to protect yourself from the moving fraud and scams. Continue reading How to Avoid Fraud When Relocating Household Goods
Moving to a new city is not easy. Right from preparing the list of inventory to be packed and moved to looking for potential movers and packers who can help you relocate conveniently. Finding a place to live and getting settled all over again is not going to be easy, especially when you are moving to a city you have never visited in the past. But it becomes easier when you have some prior information about the city where you are moving to. And if you are moving to Chandigarh then this is the post worth reading. Continue reading Things Worth Knowing Before Moving to Chandigarh
Are you moving to Bangalore and wondering what’s worth knowing about Bangalore before moving? Bangalore is a cosmopolitan city where you can adjust quite easily. There is hardly anything specific that you have to know about Bangalore, but still here are a few things worth knowing before moving to Bangalore. Continue reading Moving to Bangalore? 15 things worth knowing about Bangalore
Interstate house relocation in India or anywhere for that matter can be a stressful task. Not because there is lack of relocation companies, but because you have to look after several things all at once. The moment you know you have to relocate your home and move to a different state, you know you are up for a big challenge. Finding movers, scheduling everything, insuring goods for moving, paper work for car transportation, looking up for a new house etc is not going to be easy. Continue reading How to Save Money on Interstate House Relocation in India
Whether you are shifting your home locally within the city or moving out side of the state due to job transfer, it’s not going to be easy to deal with the stress of home shifting. The stress of home shifting cannot be avoided because there are many factors which provoke us to build up the stress of home shifting within us, such as the thoughts regarding the safety of the goods, travel expenses, finding labors and vehicles to transport domestic goods, and what not! So, it’s natural and there is hardly any way out. Continue reading Best Ways to Deal With Stress of Home Shifting and Relocating
Moving and relocating, especially to a different city has always been a tedious thing to deal with. Apart from dealing with all sorts of packing and transportation needs, you ought to deal with several other things that involve time, effort and obviously your money. And for the cost of intercity relocation in India, it’s not just the cost of hiring packers and movers, there is more to it. Continue reading Cost of Intercity Relocation in India – Direct and Indirect Expenses