Well! This is a much-needed post, as both Consumers and Service Providers want to know why ServiceSutra is not another business directory or a yellow pages or a green book or pink pages??
So what will you as a customer do with a directory or yellow pages site?
Continue reading Why ServiceSutra is not like a business directory or a yellow pages
Okay! ServiceSutra is now on slideshare.net and thats our first presentation. Take a look and lets know your feedback. We have worked hard to keep it simple and easy to understand. Thats the answer of all What, How and Why?
Lets know what you think?
Wow! The wait is finally over and we are exited to share the news of our official launch. ServiceSutra is being launched tomorrow Tuesday 11th October 2011.
There has been lots of work-re-work and further re-work, but finally as they say “If you are a perfectionist, think again. Perfection may not necessarily be ideal for progress.” And we decided to stop coding for next few days and launch whatever we have developed as of now.
The team behind ServiceSutra is really excited and looking forward for all kind of feedback and input from our users and friends and gurus.
We will be sharing more posts on how to but for now below are a few of the important links that I would like to share.
How it Works
Service Providers registration
We are on Facebook and Twitter too.
Keep sharing your input and feedback and we promise to work hard on them.
Winning is not everything, but the effort to win is. We at ServiceSutra believe in effort to win and we are committed to help you win. We are helping Consumers as well as Service professionals Win together and share the joy of serving and getting served. At ServiceSutra Customers win by finding a qualified Local Service Provider and Service provider win as they get connected to the consumers who are looking for their services. Service providers also get some great feedback and testimonials by real consumers who are using their services at the ServiceSutra website.
Service providers are widely available for local services in India like for packing, moving, storage, interior designing etc. But the problem is there is no standard pricing model for such local services and you have to make multiple calls to find a local service provider. We’re changing the way you find and hire service providers for local services in India.
Continue reading How to get best rate estimates for Local Services in India
Advertising is an exciting, visible business, and when another brand’s agency is making news, it can make their grass appear greener. Plus, it’s a business based on experience, confidence and trust. When trust breaks down, relationships end. Role of an ad agency in India is even critical due to geographical and cultural factors in India.
Whatever the reason for an agency switch, too many companies make their selection based on the wrong criteria. That causes heartache, inefficiency, and a significant amount of lost productivity.
I’d like to offer 10 guiding principles to follow the next time you’re looking for an advertising agency in India. Let’s start with the five things you shouldn’t do:
1. Don’t limit your search geographically. Yes, the most expedient way to build trust is in face-to-face relationships, but that doesn’t mean trust can’t also be built across miles. After all, some of the strongest marriages have been built after long periods of physical separation which allow time for reflection for both parties about what really matters..read full article at bloomberg
Hiring an advertising agency or a PR firm is very important to communicate your message effectively to your audience. You can simply go and make a search on google and it will list hundreds and thousands of advertising agencies in India. Make a call to a few of them and you are ready to sign the deal. But the bigger challenge is to find advertising or PR firms, who will be able to understand your expectations, have that kind of creativity, which is required for your assignments or the project. Creativity and ability to understand the expectations is very important in your pr and advertising partner. Continue reading Here’s how to hire an advertising agency and a PR firm in India
Feng Shui is an ancient Chinese system of aesthetics that uses the laws of both Heaven and Earth to help one improve life by receiving positive energy. Every tip that we use today in Feng Shui uses one or more of the following: colors, elements, sound, scent, and movement. Feng means wind and Shui means water. In Chinese culture wind and water are associated with good health, thus good Feng Shui came to mean good fortune, while bad Feng Shui means bad luck, or misfortune. Good Feng Shui can help you create an environment that can attract prosperity, good wealth and health. You may consider these Feng Shui tips for interior designing of your home.
Feng Shui tips for health, wealth and good relationship
Listed below are some of the useful Feng Shui tips for good health, wealth and healthier relationship.
- Keep your surroundings clean and spacious to ensure free flow of air and light. This is the first and very important tip to create a harmonious house Feng Shui energy.
- Put nice and clean flowerpots with fresh flowers and water. Fresh flowers can brighten any room and fill it with a scent that can transform any room for the better.
- Place an indoor water fountain or waterfall in the southwest corner of your home. Water is a very important element in Feng Shui and it can really do wonders for you.
- Make sure that Lights and Air can free flow inside your house. You may use good quality air purifier and good quality light. Also natural light can be best of all for good Feng Shui energy (or chi, as they call it). Avoid harsh lighting, which is not easy on your eyes
- Candles and crystals in all shapes, sizes and color are welcome. Apart from creating a warm glow, they improve the entire look of your home, while enhancing romance.
- Place your bed in a position that provides a solid wall behind you for support. Avoid placing your bed in front of the door. Sleeping in line with the door usually expose you to excessive Chi, which can contribute to stress, irritability and health issue
- Avoid sleeping in a position with overhead beam or overhead cupboards. Also try to avoid sharp angles from the interior decorations, and an overhead fan in a room with a low ceiling.
- Never sleep with your feet facing towards the door, this is known as the ‘coffin position’ which of course is not.
- Money plant, Wealth vases, Wealth ships and much other stuff have been used for centuries as Feng shui items to attract wealth. So, you can anytime opt for these fancy decorative items in order to bring home ample wealth.
- According to Feng shui, south east and north corner of a room is considered as the wealth corner. So, you must make effort to preserve this corner by keeping it clean and free of clutter.
- Always keep your wallet packed with money because it is a symbol of abundance according to Feng shui. Avoid empty wallet.
If you maintain all the relevant and important points followed in the world of Feng shui culture, then nothing can block prosperity to enter your home. To follow the appropriate rules of Feng shui, you may consult a Feng Shui expert or an Interior designer and decorators, who can give you input on how to decorate your home according to Feng shui.
Vaastu Shashtra is considered to be an ancient science that works on the principle of Panchbhootas, a term referring to the five basic elements of the universe, namely Earth, Water, Air, Fire and Space. Vaastu is a science that attempts to achieve a balance between these elements to bring harmony and joy to people residing in a home. Rules of Vastu varies from place to place i.e. there could be different rules for home and office, for bedroom and living room, for a warehouse and a shop. The objective of Vaastu is to achieve a perfect sense of balance between humans and nature. We have compiled a few Vaastu tips that you can use to enhance the positive effect of elements in various rooms of your home. Here is some Vastu Tips for Home (Bed Room, Living Room, Kitchen)
- East direction is considered to be the most auspicious direction for entrance to your house.
- The north direction represents prosperity, and should never be blocked.
- The slope of the premises should be from west to east or south to north.
- If shadow of a tree falls on your house, then you must get rid of it.
- Cactus plant should never be grown in the house.
- All doors in your home should open inside and door hinges should always be noiseless.
- The main bedroom should be constructed in the southwest direction and shape of your bedroom must be square or rectangle for prosperity.
- Never place your bed in front of a mirror. Also no light beams should fall directly on your bed from the ventilators or windows.
- You should always sleep with your head towards South direction for the peace and harmony.
- Hang pictures and painting that gives you joy, avoid pictures that depict violence or negativity.
- The north direction is ideal for the construction of living room.
- Air-conditioners should be in the west and not in the southeast section.
- Southern and western corners of the room are perfect for placing the furniture.
- Dining tables should have even number of chairs.
- Kids’ room should be constructed in the northwest corner of the house.
- Always use mild colour and theme for your home
- Don’t place the furniture sticking to the wall, as it obstructs the flow of positive energy.
- The study desk should be placed in such a manner that the child faces eastern, northern or north-eastern corner while studying.
- The computer should be placed in the southwest corner.
- The ideal location of the kitchen is the southeast corner of the house, with northwest being the second best option.
- Cooking activity should be done while facing east, as it’s an auspicious direction. The other option is north direction.
- Electrical items such as microwaves, juicers and mixers should be placed in the southeast corner of the kitchen.
- The refrigerator should be in the northwest, southeast, south or west.
- The kitchen must have adequate provision for cross-ventilation.
As mentioned above, those are in general Vastu tips for your house. You may also consult Interior designers and decorators who can help you in designing and decorating your home as per Vastu Shashtra
Follow us on facebook or twitter to get more updates
India is known for so many things such as its rich culture and heritage, and Vastu Shastra is considered as one of such culture which almost every person in this entire country follows. Vastu shastra is not actually a culture, but a science of architecture and construction. But most of the people consider it to be a culture, rather than science because, this practice incorporate traditional Hindu and in some cases Buddhist beliefs. Initially Vastu Shastra was restricted with the temples only, but over the time people have started following Vastu rules for Interior Decoration of homes and offices too. Continue reading Home Decorating Ideas and Tips According to Vastu Shastra
Your wedding is a moment of your lifetime and I am sure you would like to make it as grand and flawless as possible. It’s a memory that is going to stay with you for long. If you hire a professional wedding planner or wedding organizers, then chances are it will be flawless and grand. But if you are not involving a wedding planner and planning to organize it yourself, then there are certain tips and trick that can help you make it grand and flawless.
- Identify some one from your family members who are matured enough and who can be responsible to supervise the arrangements. The person supervising, must be politically correct kind of guy to handle all kind of guests and other peoples
- Create a good checklist of all the things that need to be done and make sure to cross check and keep ticking each time a particular task is complete. For example ordering flowers, signing contract for catering, booking the venue, hiring the vehicles etc
- Once the overall list is prepared go to the deeper level. For example deciding the menu for the party with the caterer, Deciding on decorations, what kind of lights are to be placed at which part of the tent or the hall etc and keep ticking again once done
- Keep yourself prepared for everything and double-check all your tasks. Assign different individuals different task as per their ability, experiences and preferences.
- Something may go wrong at some point, a vendor might not deliver items on time or caterer could not turn up on time, so keep following and prepare yourself as how to handle that situation.
As you must have understood by now, doing it all without hiring a professional wedding planner could not be that easy, but its not impossible either. In case your budget is not allowing you to hire a wedding planner, then you may try connecting with a few wedding planners and get their thoughts and ideas. Wedding planners and even organizers are professional people and they can take care of everything as you are doing according to your budget. They can do your event as per your budget, so it just may be a myth that hiring a professional wedding planner costs a lot.