The glass is a brittle substance and the accessories made of glass are fragile and delicate. Will you be surprised if I say that you can use glass to decorate home? Yes, it is true. You can decorate your home with glass in several ways. The glass décor looks unique and interesting, and your home will stand out from the rest. In my article, I will discuss how to use glass to decorate home.
The glass wares can be unique accessories, there are various colours and texture of glass and you can select any one from them. The prices will range as per the design and the quality of the glass. The glass itself looks shiny and classy and do not consider the glass objects as weak. They can make your house look glamorous very easily.
Various ways to use glass to decorate home
In the next couple of paragraphs, I will discuss some of the ways by which you can make your home look gorgeous and glamorous. Let us now look at the ways.
- Glass as wall: As I said earlier, there are various kinds of glasses available in the market. There are hard glasses by which you can construct the partition walls in the room. You can replace one of the four walls of your room with a hard transparent glass wall, through which you can enjoy the nature outside. In such a room, you obviously will not need any other artificial décor items.
- Glass shelves: In my house, I have the shelves and racks with black tinted glass, where I keep the phone, in one other I keep terracotta Ganesh etc. The black glass open shelves look different and I think more beautiful than the regular wooden ones.
- Glass mirrors: Talking about accessories and home décor items, it will be my mistake if I ignore the mirrors. Keeping the mirror is the room is really an interesting way of decoration. The mirrors reflect the light, making the room look bigger, brighter and more spacious.
- Glass frames: While you are hanging pictures on the wall, you can laminate them and hang. But, if you are using the glass frames, then the pictures look brighter. How? Because the glass frames look more elegant and reflect lights, just like the mirrors.
- Glass used in furniture: You can use glass as a table top, a rack or a shelf, dressing table top, and also for the doors of the shelves. In show cases, instead of wooden doors, you can sue transparent glass doors such that the accent pieces can be seen clearly.
- Glass accessories: You can use accessories made of glass in your home. The glass is a very shiny material with smooth surface. You can use glass accessories like glass vase, glass accent pieces and show pieces, the glass fittings in the light fixtures, glass baskets for fruits, etc.
Over to you
Do not consider glass to be only a brittle substance. You can actually use glass for your home décor. Now that you have read the post, I hope you have some bright ideas about using the glass items for your home décor. If you show off your expensive dinner set collection, in your dining space, then it will be an accessory in itself. But if you have kids and pets in your home, then you have to be extra careful with your glass items.