With the two vital festivals Dussehra and Diwali coming nearer, I am sure you are excited and busy shopping for yourself, family, and other relatives. But there is one more thing that is important and must be in the back of your mind and that’s cleaning your house. It is quiet obvious you would want to clean your house before the festivals and make it look stunning.
So if you are gearing up to clean your home thoroughly before these festivals arrive and wondering where to start and how to get ti right, then this post is for you. There could be one issue that you’ll have to face, and that is ‘clash in time’. Before the festivals arrive, you are surely going to shop till you drop, that’s why you may feel worried about cleaning your home, because cleaning the entire home is time consuming and it may clash with your shopping plans. But, what if you just choose the vitals things to clean at home? Confused what to choose, and what to bunk? Don’t worry, we are there to help you out choose the main things to clean at home this Dussehra and Diwali.
Things to clean at home this Dussehra and Diwali
If you want to clean your home thoroughly before Dussehra or Diwali, you can hire a home cleaning service. But if you want to save money and do it yourself, then here are the main things to clean at home this Dussehra and Diwali; have a look:
1. Declutter the rooms: Have you ever tried decluttering your rooms? No? Then do try this out. Because, after you have decluttered the entire room, you’ll see that your rooms and the entire house will look much better. To save time, just involve your family members in the task, and ask them to declutter their own rooms. This will make your burden less, and the task easy. After you have decluttered, just find the stuff you won’t use anymore, or aren’t in good condition. Accordingly just donate, sell or dispose off those stuff. If you donate few things to the needy during the festive season, you’ll earn good fortune.
2. Improves the walls condition: If you feel your walls look dirty and old, then you’ll have two options in hand. One, you will repaint it; and two, you’ll have to wash it. Repainting walls could be costly and time consuming, so cleaning it would be better. While cleaning your walls you’ll have to keep two things in mind, the type your paint your wall bears and the stains sustained by it. Wondering why these things are important? It’s important because based on these two criteria you’ll have to buy cleaning materials/equipment. Buy the right product for cleaning all the walls, or else it may discolor and damage it.
3. Clean ceilings: Don’t ignore the ceilings, because if you clean the rest of the house but ignore the dirty ceilings, then the first thing that the guests visiting your home are going to notice is the dirty ceilings. Therefore, if possible vacuum the ceilings or use a tall broom stick to clear the dirt. Focus on the corner area of the ceilings, because that’s the place where spider webs are mostly found. And along with cleaning the ceiling, also try to clean the ceiling fan because it is prone to dirt.
4. Clean the floor: Usually there’s nothing special you can do about cleaning your floor, because this a task that you do everyday right? So, this is something common. But still, if you want to do something different than the rest of the days, pour some drop of phenyl in a bucket half filled with water, and then pour 10 drops of lavender essential oil. This will not only disinfect your room, but also make it smell good. You can also use some other essential oil other than lavender, such as lemon grass, tea tree oil, and etc. And in case of the bathroom floors, the special thing that you can do is clean the molds and mildews, and the grout of the tiles (if any).
5. Clean the curtains and upholstery: If you have money in the pocket, then go and shop for some vibrant colored draperies, curtains, upholstery, pillow covers and bed lines. But if you want to save money, then clean all these fabric oriented things before the festivals arrive. Just cleaning would be more than enough, because if you clean these stuff well, they’ll surely look new. In case of upholstery, never try to wash them with water. If you have vacuum cleaner, then great; or else just brush them with a medium-hard bristle brush and then remove stains by using a upholstery cleaner, that too by blotting the stain not scrubbing it. Rest of the things such as curtains, pillow and bed covers can be easily just washed in a washing machine or by hand.
6. Clean furniture and appliances: What does your home comprise of? Furniture, appliances and few pieces of decorative items, right? Then why don’t you clean them up? Out of these three things, appliances and furniture are probably the most precious stuff. So, if you don’t want to clean the decorative items, at least clean the appliances and furniture which are costly and needs maintenance. Decorative items can be easily replaced; but to replace your furniture and appliances, you’ll need to spend lot of money.
Over to you
We have given you the list of six most essential things to clean at home this Dussehra and Diwali, hope you can now easily schedule your cleaning task? Just remember one thing, try to start the cleaning task much before these festivals arrive, so that you can take your time and clean the above mentioned things. And if you keep all these things for the peak moment, you’ll end up messing everything. Therefore, start early and end the cleaning task early. If you want the helping hand of a professional, contact a good home cleanings service provider. To get hold of a home cleaning service, just request for quotes in our website servicesutra.com. We’ll provide you with three best home cleaning services, you can them compare them and choose any one.