The domain name is a very important part of the identity of your company and the brand. It is actually by this name that you will be able to bring your company closer to your targeted audience. What is a domain name? Domain name is how your website will be known in the web world. It is how your company will gain a virtual identity; it is the address of your official website. Continue reading How to Choose a Good Domain Name for Business
If you want you website to look professional and easy to use, then you must spend some time in designing a god navigation structure for you website. Your website navigation is very important because your prospect or the customers will use it to know about your products and services. If you want your website to be successful and make it work for your business, you must follow certain basic rules while designing the navigation for your website. Continue reading Designing Good Navigation for Your Website: Useful tips
Having your own website is just a great thing, than getting a simple page on facebook or on other free blog or social media website. You own website will give you lots of flexibility and you can get it done as per your taste and requirements of your products or services. But even getting a simple website designed and hosted takes lots of planning. Ideally you should spend some time to understand the purpose, features, domain name, etc. Let me share a few quick tips with you that can be used for planning your own website. Continue reading How to plan and design your website without hiring a professional
Do you want your website to be shown in the Google search results? Well, doesn’t require a very tricky idea, but a proper search engine optimization. If a little bit of on page, and off-page optimization is done, it can really help you make your website appear in the search results of major search engines such as Google, Bing, Yahoo and etc.
There are many paid online as well as offline channels like Pay Per Click, that advertises about the most popular search engines. But this is only possible if you have enough funds. But, if you pay a little attention to the basics of Search Engine optimization or SEO, its going to be a long term achievement, and you’ll not have to pay anything for this. If done properly, SEO can bring lots of advantages to your business.
There are several techniques that can be used while optimizing your search engine on a website. But, here are the basic rules that can help you make your website suitable for Google, Yahoo, Bing and other search engines to start crawling your website.
1. Firstly, you will need to find the keywords, or key phrases for your products/business. Here are several tools available for keyword research such as the Google keywords tool. Try and use 2-3 letters keywords to begin with, for example if you offer Interior design services then your keywords could be ‘home interior design’. And if you want to mention the place where you’ll be running your business mention the place’s name, for example- if you offer your services in Kolkata, mention ‘Kolkata Interior designer’.
2. Place at least 2 keywords or key phrase in the title text, followed by your brand name (specially if your brand is new) like “Interior design services in kolkata by ABC interior, Call for a free quote.” Ideally, the title should not be more than 70 characters.
3. Another important place where you must have some keywords are in the Meta Description, that Google, and other search engines displays in their search results. Use this to explain about your products/service in little more detail, than the title. Use keywords here as well, just like you used in the title. Meta description should be within 150 characters.
4. You may use keywords tags as well. Goggle won’t read/accept it, but many other sites accepts it. Reminding you again, be specific and put the keywords and phrases correctly.
6. Create a Sitemap.xml file. There are many free tools that you can use to generate xml sitemap page.
7. Register on Google web-masters, and other web-master tools, and then submit your website, as well as the xml sitemaps.
Over to you
That’s all you need to do for optimising the search engines. If you find it difficult to do so, then hire service from a professional SEO company, which can help you optimize your website. Its an ongoing process, and SEO is required to be done on a regular basis to keep your website on the top of the search engine’s list.
If you want to read more, then download Google SEO guide for free and also find some great articles on seomoz.orgFollow us on Twitter or lets connect on Facebook for more updates
Internet has become the most popular, and the fastest medium in the entire world. And its influence in India is so high that even small business like a tour and travel operator, or a car rental service provider can get their website designed at very affordable prices. But finding a skilled and trustworthy web designer in India, to design a website for your business is very crucial and essential.
Indian is a favourite destination where SMEs and even bigger corporate houses are outsourcing website designing, as well as other IT and computer related jobs. A nice and search engine friendly website can help you grow your business, that’s why you need to find a suitable web designer. Not just an eco-friendly website, but a website designed using latest technologies and best standards is also necessary, or else it may ruin your reputation, and give zero return on your investment.
In India, you may come across people who have just finished their course and claim to be world changer. You will find lots of freelancers who don’t have require expertise or experience. So have to be very careful while hiring a website designer for your website design requirements.
Based on my experience, I have listed below few important tips that can help you while you are hiring a website designer, to design your company’s website.
1. Note down your ultimate goal of having a website. As yourself questions such as- Why exactly you need a website? Do you want to sell products online, or just to provide information about your products/services?
2. Write down the main features, which you want to have in your website. This will help you to choose the right kind of designer who can tailor your web needs. If you need a dynamic website, then that will require additional scripting (programming). But if you need static website, then it does not require complex any programming/scripting. For example if you want to accept orders, display products, picture prices, and want to update these information by your own, then you need a dynamic website. Your plans will help you decide whether you want a dynamic or a static web designer.
3. Now, Google and web designers within your city . You will see a number of website design companies, some of them might even have a provision where you can directly describe your needs online.
4. Talk to at least 4-5 companies who appear in Google(usually at the top). Its always suggested to go for the top searches because, it shows that they are serious in their own business, and excel in their work.
5. Talk to them and share your requirements, and ask for a proposal with their understanding of your requirements. Ask hem how they plan to do it, and also some reference to their past work and clients to whom you can talk, and authenticate their feedback and testimony.
7. After listening to the proposals, seeing the past works and talking to the customers, you must have definitely got some idea. Now use this idea to short-list the best one, that can fit your requirement.
8. Before you finalize a web designing company, you should ask about their payment terms, support terms, time of delivery, how many variations they will provide you before you approve a design, will they help you set-up your emails, how many email accounts they will offer, and other questions that might rise in your mind.
9. Give priority to the companies over the freelancers. Companies usually have a team, and they stick to the deadlines. You will be able to reach them whenever required, and there will be less communication gap. In case of freelancers, at times it becomes hard to reach out to them, or they may just leave freelancing suddenly after getting a full time job, or relocated to a different cities. There could be hundred of excuses which a freelancer can make, but not a professional company.
10. Negotiate well on the deliverables. Ask them what extra services they will be offering, like social media presence set-up, free support for a few weeks, will they show you how to check your emails on web mail, and etc.
Over to you
If you are planning to a hire a professional website designer to design your website, and want to talk to three competent website designers, then simply post your requirements here and get connected with three website designers in your city quickly.