Out of state home shifting is a very common thing nowadays. Some move due to better job prospects, some after marriage, and others may be due to family bond. But whatever is the reason of moving out of state, if you are not well prepared; there are high chances of error and ending up in shifting mess. Well, interstate home shifting can sometimes be a headache especially if you are doing it for the first time without proper planning and strategy. There are tons of things that need to be considered including finding and hiring interstate movers and packers. And if you are wondering about how to get it right, then here’s the post worth checking. I have moved many times and also work with a number of movers and packers across various cities in India. I know what it takes to get it right and today I am happy to share the 14 amazing hacks that will help you through out of state home shifting. These hacks and tricks are time tested and I have myself used these tricks several times during out of state home shifting. Continue reading Out of State Home Shifting: 14 Amazing Hacks to Get It Right
Winter season is here and with it has come the cold snowy days of long hours of slumber, ultimate laziness and the time to stay indoors mostly and organize party at home with friends and family. This might sound exciting but the problem is, the more you stay at home, the more dirty and messed up your rooms are going to be that puts you in a position where you have to take an extra effort to do all the winter home cleaning. And as you would agree, winter cleaning is never going to be an easy task, especially when you don’t have a plan and know how to get it right. I get it right by strategic planning and some advance winter cleaning and arrangements. I have prepared this ultimate winter home cleaning checklist that helps me keep my home clean and tidy easily and today in this post, I am going to share this winter home cleaning checklist with you. So, if you are pissed off with winter home cleaning complications then keep reading this post to make your winter home cleaning simple and super easy. Continue reading Ultimate Winter Home Cleaning Checklist That’ll Make Cleaning Super Easy
Packing and shifting of entire household goods is not going to be easy, unless you have done it several times and you are a do it yourself person. There are many complications from arranging appropriate packing materials to finding labor, truck, insurance and all is not going to be easy. Continue reading 11 Common Mistakes to Avoid When Hiring Movers and Packers
Marketing can be tricky, especially for overcrowded service industry. Setting up an interior designing firm from ground up is not easy. You have to deal with a number of challenges and finding new clients is one of the biggest challenges. Finding new clients and prospect is seriously important for any business to sustain and grow, and interior designers are no exception. Continue reading How To Market Interior Design Business and Find New Clients
Almost all my early life, I have stayed with my parents. After completing my education, I had to stay away from my family for a couple of years. I was staying in a PG with another room mates. After getting married, I had to rent out a new house before brining my family. Was I excited? Yes. But I was scared as well, because I was moving into a new house and I had to setup everything from scratch. I started creating the list of essential things needed when moving into a new house and it really worked to a good extent. Continue reading List of Essential Things Needed When Moving into a New House
You can hire an interior designer to design and furnish your home in cost effective manner and without any hassle. Learn about the pros and cons of hiring interior designers.
If you are in the process of constructing a house or buying a flat or an office, I am sure you have thought to hire an interior designer. There are many who are not sure if hiring interior designers is worth it. There are many who are not even sure if they need to hire an interior designer, they think, they can design the space on their own.
If you are planning to start a business, then let me congratulate you. Because there are many who are planning to do something on their own since years, and the plan is still in making. I have started a couple of business in the past and have helped a few of my friend set up their own ventures. And from my personal experience I can tell you that starting a business is easy, but running a business successfully is a different game altogether. Continue reading Things Worth Knowing Before You Start a Business
Starting and running a service business is not easy. From finding initial customers who want to use services, to timely completion of projects at competitive rates, is not going to easy. It takes lots of strategic planning and execution to make it big. If you are planning to start a service based business or you have already started a business in service sector, then marketing is always going to be an issue. There can be many ways to market service business, and that’s the most challenging part of doing a business. Be it a small business or a big one, you have to find new ways to market your service business. Continue reading 25 Ways to Market Service Business Online Effectively
Due to lack of space and increasing prices of properties, size of the living room has decreased significantly. 3 BHK flats are available in less than 900 SQFT carpet areas. Naturally, we end up with a smaller living room and other rooms. If you feel that size of your living room is comparatively smaller, there is no reason to worry. There are ways to make living room brighter and bigger. The living room is a semi formal space of your sweet home, and hence you should put lots of efforts in looking at what to do to make the room uncluttered, brighter, bigger and beautiful. It’s important to know how to decorate the living room so that it look good. It’s also important to know what not to do and what to do while decorating the living room and that’s what we are going to discover in this post.
I want to share some quick and simple ways to help you make living room brighter and bigger.
Whatever the size of the room is, if you can decorate it properly, it’s going to look good. Making the room look bigger and brighter has nothing to do with huge monetary investments. You can decorate the living room on budget by following some the tricks we are discussing hereunder.
Tips to make living room brighter and bigger
You can’t really alter the layout of the living room (civil changes, in most of the cases), but you can definitely decorate in such a way that it will look good. And here’s how to get it right;
- Light neutral shades: Select light neutral shades for the walls of the room, like beige or pop corn white. These kinds of light colours will make the room look bigger than the actual size. Leave the ceiling white so that it can reflect more light.
- Multiple functioning furniture: Buy ottoman furniture or sofa cum bed for the small living room. You can use the set of three drawers as table tops also. Try using the single furniture in maximum number of ways possible. If you are keeping a centre table in the room, then you can use the racks below it for keeping books and magazines, important bills etc. Like this, you do not have to keep extra furniture in the room for stashing your items.
- Windows: The windows and doors must be big enough so that the room looks more spacious. The doors and the windows will let in more natural lights in the room during the day time.
- Adjoining balcony: If you are staying in your house and not an apartment, then you can construct a balcony adjoining the living room. The balcony will make the room look bigger as it will be a continuation of the same space. You can decorate the balcony with hanging garden or some matching rugs and cushions, or even a hammock to make the room more appealing.
- Rugs: Do not use floor to floor carpets; rather keep some portions of the floor bare. Covering the total floor with carpets can make the room look much smaller.
- Curtains: Make the curtains long so that it touches the floors. The curtains must be wide enough to cover the whole window; it must exceed at least 2 inches on both the sides.
- Bright lights: Use very bright lights for the small room as the bright lights can really make the room look bigger.
- Monochromatic look: Give the room a monochromatic look; choose the colour of the curtains similar to the colour of the walls. This will make the room monochromatic. Also choose similar colours of rugs and couches so that they get along together.
- Mirror: Hang a mirror on the wall opposite to the light source, so that the light reflects and make the room look bigger and brighter.
Over to you
Brighter rooms are always better than the dull ones. Think properly, choose décor elements and accessories wisely and keep the overall theme lighter and you will have a nice, warm and bright living area. Apart from the tricks that I have shared above to make the room brighter and beautiful, don’t hesitate in taking professional help from an interior designer company.
How do you ensure that your living room is bright, look good and warm?
You have completed your class 12 with flying colours, now you are set to study the subject of your choice in a degree course. Congratulations for your success. The college life awaits you. You have watched in many movies the rocking college life, the more colourful hostel life, and you are expecting to have a similar good time in your life too. This is the first time you will leave your home, and stay in hostel, so called unknown place, and for that, I am sure you will want some tips. We often receive enquiries from student via live chat on ServiceSutra about what to pack and how to move essential things. In this post, I want to discuss about how to do best packing for hostel. If you are moving to a hostel and wondering what is to be packed and how then this is the post worth reading. Continue reading Packing for Hostel – Things worth packing when moving to a hostel