Kitchen is the busiest room among all the others in every house, and is loved by almost all the women or home-makers. The women love this area since they have to do loads of task here whole day. And since it’s on of the most important part of a home/apartment, it must be well-maintained and must look as good as the other rooms of the house. Hence, it’s very important for us to think well before starting interior designing for kitchen.
Over the time, the style and usage of a kitchen has changed tremendously. You may have a separate kitchen, or a dinning space attached to your kitchen. But in both the cases, the room has to be well designed. One has to look at several things before getting onto Interior designing for kitchen. Your life style, whether you are vegetarian or a non vegetarian, whether you like closed traditional kitchen or or planning to have an open kitchen with dining area, there is a lot that you need to think about.
There are lots of designing options available for your kitchen. But, one thing you have to keep in mind is the space and size of your kitchen. Whether you are planning to renovate your old/ existing kitchen, or the one that’s in your new home, using your imagination and creativity is a must. You may undoubtedly do it yourself, but hiring a professional Interior Designer would be best. But if want to do it yourself, then here are a few important tips that can help you to design, and decorate your kitchen beautifully.
- Use dark colours tiles for the counter tops, it will look really good and will conceal the stains that will be made during the cooking activities. Or else always contrast it with the colour of the tiles being used in the kitchen as a back-splash.
- If the size of your kitchen is not very big, try using lighter colour on the walls, it makes your room look bigger. And always avoid dark colours, it will make it look small and clumsy.
- Sink should always be placed near, or attached to the counter top. This way positioning will help you a lot. For instance, if you are chopping something you’ll be able to chop on the counter top and immediately wash your hands as well the vegetable in the sink.
- Placements of the appliances must also be done in a planned manner. Try to locate your refrigerator in suc a position, which will make it easy for you to pull out things from it easily. And as per the other appliances which are smaller, you can easily put them in cupboards which can accommodate them, and will be near your hand too.
- Try using curved units to give an unusual look to your kitchen.
- Use focus light on the cooking table or counter top, as most of the works will be done on it. And for rest of the part, you may try different lighting styles.
- You may also buy pre-built kitchen units that are available in the market.
- Ensure there is ample ventilation in your kitchen.
- You can also put some small plants in your kitchen to give it more lively, and fresh look. A tiny money plant would look lovely if you place it near your kitchen’s window.
Over to you
These were some of the basic tips and advise that you may abide while decorating your kitchen. But, if you feel that you wont be able to handle it all alone, then contact the best interior experts in your city for Interior Designing of Kitchen. The designers will give you best solutions and suggestions, and will ease your burden completely.