Selling your home with a good profit margin may be a stressful thing, as you need to take efforts in planning the whole procedure well. But let me tell you that at the outset, things might seem too difficult but once you get into the skin of the matter, you will soon become a successful home seller. I myself have sold my old home with a decent amount of profit couple of months back and the buyer was also very happy and satisfied with the overall process and the deal. All you need here is systematic planning and patience to execute everything. I often come across frustrated home seller, who are not getting a buyer or anticipated rates to sell his/ her home. But it’s not all that difficult if you know how to get it right. And today in this post, I am sharing 11 best tips to sell your home faster and at best price. Therefore, if you are in pressure of selling your old home after moving to a new one or for some other reason, and you are unable to get it right, then here’s the post worth checking. Continue reading 11 Tips to Sell Your Home Faster and at Best Price
Imagine you have visited someone’s home and you immediately smell something extremely foul, I am sure it will become a complete turn off for you and you will definitely want to run away from that place but still cannot express it for the sake of not hurting someone’s sentiments. Now, I am sure you are wondering what if the same situation occurs when you yourself become the host. Sounds terrible and embarrassing right? Well, foul smells lingering in homes is a common problem and there is nothing to be sad about it. The best remedy is to clean your home time to time but if that is not happening due to your hectic schedule or may be due to laziness, then you can easily try out some easy hacks that immediately act on stinks and remove them. So if you are eager to know, keep reading this post, as today I will discuss about 23 easiest natural ways to remove foul smell from homes. Continue reading 23 Natural Ways to Remove Foul Smell from Homes Easily and Quickly
Home is not just the dwelling place but is the perfect shelter to get the comfort, peace and solace that we require. Naturally, we all desire to own a house and live happily. However, the procedure of choosing and buying your perfect dream home can get a little tricky especially if you are a first time home buyer. Lack of experience can make you commit errors which may ultimately put you at a loss. Therefore, if you have plans to buy a new home and is not confident enough about how to search and choose a perfect home, then this article is a must-read for you. Here I have discussed about the 13 essential tips for the first time home buyer. These tips and strategies will be handy throughout the process and help you in searching, planning, financing etc. Proper planning, smart budgeting and getting loan approval at the best possible rates is seriously important while buying your first home, and this post is going to help you through the process. Continue reading 13 Essential Tips for the First Time Home buyer worth Knowing
You kitchen should not looking boring, for this is the place where you spend good amount of time, preparing food for your family. No matter how well furnished your kitchen is, over a period of time, you may feel the need to do a quick makeover. But the moment we think of kitchen makeover, the budget comes in our mind. But did you know that it’s actually possible to do a quick kitchen makeover on a minimum budget? Well, I have been there and done that. It’s been over 6 years when I bought my home and did end to end interior designing in the entire house. Naturally, the kitchen used to look a bit old and it needed the makeover. My friend ‘Neeta’ who is an interior consultant, suggested a few quick and simple kitchen makeover ideas which can be implemented even on a budget. And I am happy to share those ideas with you. If you are planning to do a quick kitchen makeover on a budget, then here’s the post you can’t afford to miss. Continue reading Quick Kitchen Makeover on a Budget – Here’s How to Get It Right
Recently I met one of my school friends who is constructing a new home and planning to move in there within a couple of months. Although it is a moment of pride for him as he is moving to a home, he is puzzled about how to setup the new home and where to start. Based on my personal experience and suggestions from my interior designer friend, I prepared a checklist of all the essential household items needed to setup new home and gave it to him. If you are also planning to move into a newly built, unfurnished home and wondering about how to setup and make it perfect for living then here’s the post worth reading. In today’s post, I am going to discuss about the list of household items needed along with how to budget and get it right.
When you step into your home, you are welcomed by the living room. That’s the room which cordially receives you, your guests, friends, neighbors and relatives. Living room is that special room where you tend to get extra lazy the moment you enter your sweet home. You feel the gasping need to throw yourself on the couch, to open the shoes and socks and keep it hanging on the arm of the sofa. You feel the urge to pile the clothes on the sofa. And obviously there is the same old couch where you eat while watching television. The living room undergoes lot of pressure, and hence the look, beauty and cleanliness of the room are often compromised. Continue reading How to Maintain the Cleanliness of Living Room of Your House Easily
The summers have arrived and the days of scorching heat are just near us. With the ever rising levels of mercury, it’s going to be a real challenge to keep your home cool on a hot day this summer. Fan, cooler and air conditioners can certainly help, but you need to be a little more cautious to deal with the tropical summer. And if you are wondering about how to deal with hotter days this summer, then just read on. I am going to share a few of the most effective tips to keep your home cool this summer. Continue reading 51 Ways to Keep Your Home Cool on a Hot Day in Summer
The curtains are very important accessories for your home. Properly used curtains can transform the look of the space. The curtains transform your place to a private and personal space where you can spend quality time with your family. There are thousands of varieties of curtains in the market, and you may be confused finding innumerable options. In my article, I will discuss things to remember while buying curtains for your home. Continue reading Buying Curtains? Here’s the list of things worth knowing
Nothing can beat the experience of living in a house with access to natural light and natural fresh air. Natural light or the sun light is very much beneficial for the overall well being of you and your family. The natural lights are capable to cure many illnesses and diseases. It brings positivity and uplift up your mood. If your sweet home is designed in a way that looks dark and confined, there is no need to worry. Because you can actually maximize the natural light and get more of it with small little tweaks and makeover. In this post, I will discuss about how to design or do a minor makeover for your home to get more natural light and fresh air. Continue reading 5 Quick Ways To Get More Natural Light In Your Home
To maintain cleanliness and hygiene at home or your workplace should not be an issue when you know how to do it right. Cleanliness and Hygiene must be maintained if you want to live a healthy and hygienic life. There is a famous proverb, ‘health is wealth’; which means, if you are healthy then you are wealthy. Health is most important and if you are healthy, you can lead a happy life. You can enjoy good health if you maintain cleanliness and hygiene at home and your workplace.
There are so many new diseases that are invading the human kind, and it is high time that you do not compromise with the hygiene of your home. Maintaining cleanliness and Hygiene is important and for that there are some good habits that need to be followed.
Simple tips to maintain cleanliness and hygiene at home
It is your duty to make a clean and hygienic environment at home to lead a healthy, happy and enjoyable life. And as they say, precaution is always better than cure, and you can take necessary precautions to guard yourself against several deadly diseases which may be caused due to unhygienic environment.
Whether you are living in one of the condo suits at 25 Mabelle condos or at any other upscale and luxurious apartments, if the space is not thoroughly cleaned and organized, it’s not going to give you the comfort and ambience for living happily.
Irrespective of whether you use cleaning services from a housekeeping agency or do it yourself, here are some of the best ways to maintain cleanliness and hygiene at home.
- Do not leave buckets of water or opened container with water in or near your home, as these places serve as perfect environment for breeding mosquitoes causing fatal diseases.
- Clean the ceiling and the walls to remove spider webs.
- Do not forget to clean the blades of the fans as well.
- Dusting the carpets before you place them on the floor is needed.
- Wash the sofa covers and the cushions at regular intervals, like you can change them monthly.
- Clean the dust coating from the appliances and the furniture.
- Sometimes, crumbs of food items can fall on the sofa or couch when you eat there. Make sure you clean them immediately.
- The rooms must have enough windows to make entry of sun rays. Sunlight can kill millions of germ particles.
- If you have fish bowl, then change the water on a regular interval.
- Vacuum clean, sweep, or mop the floors regularly, doing it each day is preferable.
- If you have pets, then the rooms may get dirtier due their hairs or furs; make sure to clean that too.
- If you have kids at your home, then keeping the room is of primary importance.
- Change the curtains too as they tend to get dirty because they come in contact with the outside pollution.
- Always cover the foods with covers, do not keep them open, as foods attract several bugs like cockroaches.
- Check the drainage system, to avoid water logging in bathroom and also kitchen.
- Repair the pipes and the taps, if you see that they are leaking
- Wash the plates after you have your meal, unwashed plates are the dens of germs.
- Clean the oil stains and the greasy sticky pans with washing soap, use less oil which is good for health and also the kitchen.
- Always use lid while cooking, cooking in pressure cooker is helpful.
- Make sure the chopping board, the knife, and the kitchen counters are cleaned properly before you use them.
- Wash the veggies before you cut them.
- Exhaust fans or kitchen vents are must to get rid of vapors and smells.
- Place trash cans in kitchen, and empty it after use.
- Installing an aquaguard or a water purifier is always advisable.
- Not only the water has to be purified, but also the containers where you will store water have to be clean.
- Your kitchen should have at least one window for ventilation.
- Keep your pets away from the kitchen space.
- The kitchen vents or the exhaust fans have to be cleaned within regular intervals as they get very dirty due to regular use. You can do servicing or clean these appliances by calling professionals.
- Use kitchen cleaners to clean the kitchen space, as it is found in several cases that the visibly clean areas are contaminated by germs.
- Ensure that the kitchen smells nice; you can use lemon extract or vinegar for this.
- Wash your hands well before you prepare food, and also before you eat it.
- Proper ventilation in bathroom is must.
- Clean the bathroom regularly, if not every day, then very frequently.
- Moisture causes mild dew in the bathroom, and from there several germs can appear.
- Clean the bathroom in hot water, hot water helps in killing all the germs like bacteria.
- The drainage should be efficient in bathroom, water logging must be avoided.
- The water that you use in home for daily chores is stored in overhead tank. Clean the overhead tank, at least once or twice the year. Food poisoning may cause if the water is not clean.
- Clean and then dry the towels of your bathroom. Dry the towels for few minutes before you go to bed. Then in the morning you can get fresh towels.
- If there are some small holes by the door or windows, then seal the holes immediately. Pests like ants or cockroaches can enter your home through these.
- To maintain hygiene at home, you must also clean yourself. Germs can enter your home by various means, and you may be the carrier of germs. So maintaining personal hygiene is also necessary.
- If you are a smoker, then do not smoke inside your home, go outside in the garden or balcony to smoke. The people around you who do not smoke can find it very uncomfortable if you do near them. The ashes can also fall in the room, polluting the room.
- Throw away the garbage only in the bins. Do not dump them inside the home, or outside the home in the streets. Garbage is the most suitable place for breeding various annoying bugs.
- Change the bed covers and the pillow covers regularly, at least once a month.
- There are some insecticides and insect repellant chemicals available in the market. You can use them, but make sure to keep them away from children.
- Trim the garden around your house. The unwanted weeds can be the home of several dangerous animals like snakes.
And we have published a checklist for office cleaning that you must check.
Over to you
Hygiene is all about set of good practices that helps you keeping the surrounding clean and make the environment hygienic. Hygiene is related with cleanliness and unless you keep your home clean and tidy, you may not be able to make a healthy and hygienic environment at home or your workplace. We have discussed some of the best practices to maintain cleanliness and hygiene at home and hope you will be using these tricks. Feel free to share these tricks and spread the happiness