Designing a home of your dream can be super exciting. But, executing the complete home Interior designing project can easily become overwhelming due to lack of proper planning. Detailed home interior design planning is the key to decorating your home successfully, on time and without shooting the overall budget by a huge margin.Continue reading How to do Perfect Home Interior Design Planning in 9 Easy Steps
Having a very big and spacious home opens up a lot of interior design options whereas fitting everything in a small space is not going to be easy. But, if you learn how to modify your interior decoration ideas, then you will be able to decorate your small house really well. If you have a small house and wondering about how to plan and decorate home really well, then here’s the post worth checking. Today, I am sharing a few of the best small house interior design tips and hacks that’ll help you get it right, and make your rooms spacious and comfortable with extra storage space.Continue reading Small House Interior Design Tips worth Checking
Home interior designing can be overwhelming even for seasoned professionals when it’s not managed and track properly. I have seen people make silly mistakes during home interiors, and therefore it’s important to pan, track and manage the entire home interior project carefully. Poor planning and project tracking could easily increase your over budget and delay the entire home interior project. And as I said, even the professional interior designers skip some of the crucial things at times. And therefore, I thought of preparing a detailed home interior design checklist that’ll help you to plan, prepare, and track the progress while staying within the pre-specified budget for the entire home interior work.Continue reading Home Interior Design Checklist: Plan, Track and Stay within Budget
Home interior designing and decorating is all about making your house look good, free from clutter, much more functional and obviously comfortable for living. And as we are talking about home interior designing, the design for your bedrooms and the living are matters the most. And in bedroom interior design, among all other decorative elements, the modern wall wardrobe design is very important. The design of the wall fitted wardrobe in your bedroom can make or break the overall look of your bedroom. And if you are planning to start interior designing for your home and looking for some awesome modern wall wardrobe designs and almirah design ideas then here’s the post worth checking. Today in this post, I am sharing a few of the best and modern wall wardrobe and almirah designs and ideas that can help you get inspired while designing a wall to wall wardrobe for your bedroom.Continue reading Modern Wall Wardrobe Almirah Designs and Ideas for Home
All of us desire having a home of our own and when we have that desire fulfilled, we want to decorate it to make it aesthetically amazing and functional as per our living standards. Sadly, there are many who still believe that home decorating is a costly affair and that it requires plenty of money to hire an interior designer to design and decorate a beautiful home. But the fact of the matter is that decorating your homed does not require lots of money, even when you hire an interior designer. There are ways that’ll help you cut the decoration cost and you can actually decorate your home on a budget, and I’ll help you do that.
The whole idea of decorating your home can be overwhelming and may sound like a budget intensive project. But when there is a budget issue, you just have to replace the decor elements while decorating your home with limited budget.Continue reading How to Decorate Your Home on a Budget the Right Way
Certainly one of the best ways to make your home look classy and beautiful is by choosing the right paint color. It not just completes the entire look of a new home but can easily transform the whole look of an old house into a new glamorous one. So, choosing the right paint color is very important and it does take a lot of effort to pick up the right one from the color palette. I have seen people picking wrong colors and ruining the glamour of the entire house and so I thought of sharing with you 17 easy and essential tips on how to choose the right paint color for your home. Therefore, if you are planning to color your home and wondering from where to start, keep reading this post for the easiest tips. Continue reading Ultimate Guide to Choose the Right Paint Color for Your Home
Interior designing and decorating is basically the process of designing and decorating the space. The idea is to make an empty flat or any space for that matter fully functional and aesthetically pleasing. Interior designing and interior decorating is commonly used as one, but these are two different tasks. Continue reading Guide to Interior Designing and Decorating Your Home
We often receive questions on Servicesutra about how to design and decorate a 2 BHK flat in a minimum budget. Even if different people have different types of functional needs and lifestyle, we should always try to do best optimization of the available space and keep the space clutter free. And if we manage to do so, you won’t regret it later. If you have a purchased a new 2 BHK flat and planning to get it designed, the best way to move forward is to hire a professional interior designer to help you. But if you are a creative person and like to do things on your own, then read on. I am going to share a few quick and simple interior decorating tips to help you decorate 2 BHK flats for less. Continue reading Interior Decorating Tips to Decorate 2 BHK Flats for Less
The guest room, as the name suggests is dedicated and devoted to give maximum relaxation and comfort to your guests. If you have a guest room in your home, which is solely for your guests then you must decorate it accordingly. The architecture, the design layouts also have to be kept in mind while you decorate guest room. In India, we say ‘atithi devo bhava’ which means a guest is like a God. And we do our best to ensure that the guest should feel comfortable while staying with us in our sweet home. And how you decorate guest room can make all the difference. Continue reading How to Decorate Guest Room Beautifully in Budget
Due to lack of space and increasing prices of properties, size of the living room has decreased significantly. 3 BHK flats are available in less than 900 SQFT carpet areas. Naturally, we end up with a smaller living room and other rooms. If you feel that size of your living room is comparatively smaller, there is no reason to worry. There are ways to make living room brighter and bigger. The living room is a semi formal space of your sweet home, and hence you should put lots of efforts in looking at what to do to make the room uncluttered, brighter, bigger and beautiful. It’s important to know how to decorate the living room so that it look good. It’s also important to know what not to do and what to do while decorating the living room and that’s what we are going to discover in this post.
I want to share some quick and simple ways to help you make living room brighter and bigger.
Whatever the size of the room is, if you can decorate it properly, it’s going to look good. Making the room look bigger and brighter has nothing to do with huge monetary investments. You can decorate the living room on budget by following some the tricks we are discussing hereunder.
Tips to make living room brighter and bigger
You can’t really alter the layout of the living room (civil changes, in most of the cases), but you can definitely decorate in such a way that it will look good. And here’s how to get it right;
- Light neutral shades: Select light neutral shades for the walls of the room, like beige or pop corn white. These kinds of light colours will make the room look bigger than the actual size. Leave the ceiling white so that it can reflect more light.
- Multiple functioning furniture: Buy ottoman furniture or sofa cum bed for the small living room. You can use the set of three drawers as table tops also. Try using the single furniture in maximum number of ways possible. If you are keeping a centre table in the room, then you can use the racks below it for keeping books and magazines, important bills etc. Like this, you do not have to keep extra furniture in the room for stashing your items.
- Windows: The windows and doors must be big enough so that the room looks more spacious. The doors and the windows will let in more natural lights in the room during the day time.
- Adjoining balcony: If you are staying in your house and not an apartment, then you can construct a balcony adjoining the living room. The balcony will make the room look bigger as it will be a continuation of the same space. You can decorate the balcony with hanging garden or some matching rugs and cushions, or even a hammock to make the room more appealing.
- Rugs: Do not use floor to floor carpets; rather keep some portions of the floor bare. Covering the total floor with carpets can make the room look much smaller.
- Curtains: Make the curtains long so that it touches the floors. The curtains must be wide enough to cover the whole window; it must exceed at least 2 inches on both the sides.
- Bright lights: Use very bright lights for the small room as the bright lights can really make the room look bigger.
- Monochromatic look: Give the room a monochromatic look; choose the colour of the curtains similar to the colour of the walls. This will make the room monochromatic. Also choose similar colours of rugs and couches so that they get along together.
- Mirror: Hang a mirror on the wall opposite to the light source, so that the light reflects and make the room look bigger and brighter.
Over to you
Brighter rooms are always better than the dull ones. Think properly, choose décor elements and accessories wisely and keep the overall theme lighter and you will have a nice, warm and bright living area. Apart from the tricks that I have shared above to make the room brighter and beautiful, don’t hesitate in taking professional help from an interior designer company.
How do you ensure that your living room is bright, look good and warm?