If you have purchased a new home or an office, and you are unsure about how to make the best use of space, and make your house or office look amazingly goods, sophisticated then, it’s worth hiring interior designer services.Continue reading Benefits of Hiring Interior Designer for Interior Decorating Projects
All of us desire having a home of our own and when we have that desire fulfilled, we want to decorate it to make it aesthetically amazing and functional as per our living standards. Sadly, there are many who still believe that home decorating is a costly affair and that it requires plenty of money to hire an interior designer to design and decorate a beautiful home. But the fact of the matter is that decorating your homed does not require lots of money, even when you hire an interior designer. There are ways that’ll help you cut the decoration cost and you can actually decorate your home on a budget, and I’ll help you do that.
The whole idea of decorating your home can be overwhelming and may sound like a budget intensive project. But when there is a budget issue, you just have to replace the decor elements while decorating your home with limited budget.Continue reading How to Decorate Your Home on a Budget the Right Way
Interior designing and decorating is basically the process of designing and decorating the space. The idea is to make an empty flat or any space for that matter fully functional and aesthetically pleasing. Interior designing and interior decorating is commonly used as one, but these are two different tasks. Continue reading Guide to Interior Designing and Decorating Your Home
One of the best ways to avoid interior designing mistakes while renovating and decorating your home is to keep a note of everything that’s functionally important for you. Your functional needs, design preferences, color preferences are important so keep a note of it and then discuss the same with the interior designer and architect you are working with. Continue reading Interior Designing Mistakes Worth Avoiding
I keep on making minor changes with interior decoration at my home to ensure it’s as per the latest trend and decor styles. No matter how well your interior designer was and home much of money you spent for interior decorating of your home, chances are, you would still like to make changes. This is what I was going through, after a few months of getting interior work done at my home.
I started looking around and found plenty of useful interior decorating tips on several websites including Quora. I am sure you have also read through several posts and articles about interior decorating tips on internet through various websites and blogs. But you may not have implemented and followed all those interior decorating tips while decorating your home. Continue reading 45 Home Interior Decorating Tips You Can Use At Your Home
Whenever I used to visit my friends place and get vindicated by the grandeur and elegance of the interior design and decoration of his house, I used to believe that Interior design and decoration is a a very costly affair and only rich people can afford it. But when I asked my friend about his total expenses, what he told me was amazing and then only I realized that one can hire an interior designer for interior designing and decoration of flat even on a low budget. Continue reading Budget Friendly Tips for Interior Design and Decoration
When it comes to designing your home or the office’s interior, there are unlimited number of choices that you’ll get. The bulk of choices will confuse you, and make it difficult for you to choose the right design. But this shouldn’t stop you from interior designing your home or office right? So, what you have to do is just bring out or nurture the artist in you, and try to develop some interior designing ideas to renovate, or design your home or office perfectly.
Are you planning to get the interior of your home or office designed or decorated, but not sure where to start from? If your answer is yes, then this blog will help you a lot in interior designing your home/office really well. Here are some valuable points that can help you a lot before you plan to change the entire look of your office or home’s interior, and make it much better.
- Write down the objectives: The first and the best thing that you can do before starting off with the interior designing is, writing down your objectives of designing your home/office’s interior. Ask yourself, why you want to get the interior designing done for your home or office, and what’s objective behind this? Is it simply for luxury, or to give the interior a good look and feel? Or is it just to save the empty spaces? Or anything else?
- Question yourself: Start questioning yourself about what exactly you want your room’s design to convey? By asking such questions to yourself, you’ll be able to know what exactly want your room or office to look like. And this will help you to instruct your Interior designer, or make him understand what you exactly want to do with your room. This is very important because, rest of the design and elements will depend on this.
- Think about usability: Since you have already questioned yourself about the objectives, now you must be knowing what you want to convey through your design. Hence, the next thing you need to do is ponder about its usability. List down all the elements that you think will be required, in a specific room of your home/office. For instance, your bedroom’s requirement wouldn’t match with the living room or your office room. That’s why, you need to think about the room’s usability before planning a design.
- Select the right colours, textures and fabrics: Another important thing you must decide is the overall colour combinations of almost every element in your rooms. For example- Colours of the walls, curtains, cushion and bed covers must match, or be well contrasted. Also see that, the texture and fabric of the curtains and bed-covers matches well.
- Choose furnitures: While designing or decorating your home, another major thing that you must select carefully is the room’s furnitures. Selection of the room furniture depends on the room’s utility. So, buy the furnitures accordingly, and don’t spend on extras.
- Hire an interior designer: You may also contact a few Interior Designers who can further give you better suggestions and advises, on the other aspects of interior designing.
Over to you
Hope these tips are going to be very fruitful for you, during the interior designing process. Remember, when you meet any interior designers or decorators, the more you explain your needs, the better they will understand and work accordingly. So, go ahead and make a detailed plan explaining all your objective, style and purpose of the interior design.
You may also like to read:
For any design or decoration, using proper colours shades is a must. Interior decoration of your home may simply look amazing or boring, depending on the colours you have used. All your shades must match or sync with each other to give the room a perfect and balanced look. Mixing and matching colors is an art and when you use properly balanced colors for interior decorating, it will simply transform the overall look and aesthetics of the space. Today in this post, we are going to learn about choosing right mix of colors, while decorating.
Choosing that perfect match is not that complex, and it can be done easily. All you need is a colour wheel or a shade catalogue, and general idea of what kind of theme you would like to work on. Let go through a few tips that will help you to mix and match colours to decorate your interior.
First thing that you’ll have to do is decide a colour palette, of two or three colours which you’ll want to use in your room. While choosing the colour palette, consider choosing shades that match well with the overall decoration of room, like the colours of furniture, curtains, window and etc.
Now choose a base colour, which can be used in most part of the rooms, like the main walls, or the ones which you want to display as a feature wall.
Choose a secondary, or a highlight colour that goes well with the base colour that you have selected. Keep in mind that the secondary color should create a contrast with the base color. For example- if your base colour is red, then choose Green as the secondary colour, that will create a perfect match and provide contrast. If base colour is yellow, you may like to use purple or light red to create a good contrast. Select a neutral colour now, that will balance the base as well as secondary colour. Usually white and off-white is a good choice in case of a neutral colour.
Now, match other decorative elements such as cushion, curtains, flowers and etc in your room according to the wall colours. They should match up to the colour of the secondary wall paint, or the neutral colour. You may also use paintings that match well with these three colours, that you have selected.
Over to you
Mixing and matching colours isn’t very difficult, you just need to use your creativity at its best. Don’t hesitate to discuss and take input from your Interior Designer while choosing right colour for your interior decoration. Go through magazines and other mediums where you can know more about ‘choosing and mixing colours’.
You may also like to read: How to Choose Colors for Your Bedroom