People living in the colder parts of the world may find the summer to be the ideal time for moving and relocating a house. But those who live in the humid countries like in India, knows that moving house in summer is not going to be easy. Summer in many parts of the world is unbearable with the scorching rays of the sun raising the temperatures to extreme highs at times. It gets increasing difficult to go out in the summer days and if, in that weather condition, you are planning for moving a house, then trust me, it is going to be very stressing, especially if you have not planned your summer house move properly. If you are planning to move your house this summer, then you need to plan your summer house move appropriately. And today in this post, I am going to share a few of the most essential tips for moving house in summer. If the moving and relocation of house is on the card, just stay tuned and read the post till the end to pull it off successfully and without any hassle. Continue reading 11 Moving Tips for Moving House in Summer Without Hassle
Moving household from one place to another needs advance planning, especially when you are moving out of state or to a distant city. However, when you are in hurry, and have less than a week’s time, it gets a little nerve racking. What causes the tension is that, you have to search a new home, sort your things and pack, dump or sell the ones you do not need, arrange for the moving and then finally settle down. Frankly speaking, each aspect of home shifting takes decent time especially when you are moving interstate but if you have to plan and execute in hurry like within a week, then you got to be very systematic. And if you are planning to move this week and running out of time, then here’s the post worth checking for as today i am going to share with you the list of 10 moving tips for household moving in one week. Continue reading Moving Household in One Week: Tips to Plan and Relocate When in Hurry
After my graduation days, I had to shift to a different state for pursuing higher studies and I was damn confused what to carry and what to discard. To be honest I was in a mess. Thanks to my parents, that they guided me while I was packing. From then onwards, I got a good idea on what essential items to pack when relocating to a new home and never faced any trouble after that. So when I see many individuals struggling with the same thing, I kind of relate to the situation I faced in past. In fact, I have shared some tips with my friends while they relocated and surprisingly, they benefited from these hacks. So I thought of sharing my personal suggestions with you with this list of 28 essential items to pack when relocating to a new home. I hope like others, it will be of great help for you as well. Continue reading List of 28 Essential Items to Pack When Relocating To a New Home
Out of state home shifting is a very common thing nowadays. Some move due to better job prospects, some after marriage, and others may be due to family bond. But whatever is the reason of moving out of state, if you are not well prepared; there are high chances of error and ending up in shifting mess. Well, interstate home shifting can sometimes be a headache especially if you are doing it for the first time without proper planning and strategy. There are tons of things that need to be considered including finding and hiring interstate movers and packers. And if you are wondering about how to get it right, then here’s the post worth checking. I have moved many times and also work with a number of movers and packers across various cities in India. I know what it takes to get it right and today I am happy to share the 14 amazing hacks that will help you through out of state home shifting. These hacks and tricks are time tested and I have myself used these tricks several times during out of state home shifting. Continue reading Out of State Home Shifting: 14 Amazing Hacks to Get It Right
Recently I met one of my school friends who is constructing a new home and planning to move in there within a couple of months. Although it is a moment of pride for him as he is moving to a home, he is puzzled about how to setup the new home and where to start. Based on my personal experience and suggestions from my interior designer friend, I prepared a checklist of all the essential household items needed to setup new home and gave it to him. If you are also planning to move into a newly built, unfurnished home and wondering about how to setup and make it perfect for living then here’s the post worth reading. In today’s post, I am going to discuss about the list of household items needed along with how to budget and get it right. Continue reading List of Household Items Needed for New Home Setup
Packing is a crucial step in home relocation. And unless you know how to pack your home perfectly, you may end up in a mess. Here are the smart packing tips that will make you feel like a pro and relocate your home in one day, without any hassles. Continue reading How to Pack Your Home to Move in One Day?
Almost all my early life, I have stayed with my parents. After completing my education, I had to stay away from my family for a couple of years. I was staying in a PG with another room mates. After getting married, I had to rent out a new house before brining my family. Was I excited? Yes. But I was scared as well, because I was moving into a new house and I had to setup everything from scratch. I started creating the list of essential things needed when moving into a new house and it really worked to a good extent. Continue reading List of Essential Things Needed When Moving into a New House
When it comes to house shifting, overall cost, time and effort required can give you shills down your spine. Both local and interstate house shifting can be tiring and stressful, especially if you have never relocated in the past. There are so many tasks to look at and it’s not going to be easy, and hence you decide to book movers and packers services. But even if there is a mover to help you relocate, having a bit of prior knowledge or experience of house shifting can be phenomenal. And if you are planning to house shifting and wondering about the stress, time, money and everything else, then here’s the post worth checking.
House shifting can be a messy affair, because there are several uncertainties. Finding rates of movers, proper packing, loading, unloading and transit insurance are some of the important concerns. And the mantra to have a stress free house shifting is prior planning and adequate understanding of the process and people involved (read movers).
On the basis of your research, you can decide what to do and what not to do. There is no shortcut to this, planning a month before the actual move will make the home shifting hassle free, and you will have enough time in your hand to relax and enjoy some quality time with friends and family.
House shifting hacks to save time and stress
Here are the quick and simple hacks to help you save time, money and stress when shifting a house, and all household articles.
- Start to maintain a diary or a writing pad where you can jot down all the smallest details. This way you won’t forget anything, and you will find all the things at your fingertips.
- Start packing prior to one month, at least so that you do not run out of time.
- Visit the local retail stores and see for the boxes and crates if they have some. If you are well acquainted with them, then you can get some of the packing supplies from them.
- Do the packing yourself (for smaller and hardy items) using original boxes, to cut off the extra budget on packing.
- Ask your friends and cousins to help you packing, you cannot do all the packing yourself.
- Arrange fun foods like pizza and drinks, and then involve all your acquaintances to help you packing your items. This way, you can spend some time with them too.
- Collect all the newspapers and bubble wraps that you can get, and use them while packing.
- Apply lots of packing tapes; use the tapes in the box joints. Taping is not to just close the box, but it also gives strength to the box to carry appropriate weight.
- Wrap the brittle items and glassware in towels so that you do not have to buy them again after you reach your new home. Pack them well so that they can endure the journey.
- Use bed sheets, linens and crumpled newspapers as cushions while packing the items.
- It is best to use the original boxes of the appliances so that they can be in good conditions.
- Do not hire the professionals for packing and unpacking as this can save some extra money.
- Pack the items which you use daily and frequently, which is necessary for you, do not include the items that you do not need.
- Get rid of the unwanted items, or the items that you do not use. You can donate them, put them on sale and also throw them. If you put them on sale then you can earn some extra bucks for you too.
- The more the number and weight of the items, the higher will be the rate of home shifting.
- Choose a weekday for shifting, as the rates tend to go higher in the weekends.
- Be flexible with the dates and time, have detail conversation with movers.
- Talk to at least 3 moving companies of your city before freezing one. Comparing often gives you best of ideas and helps you bargain and get better deal.
- Always take chance with bargaining, but don’t do too much of bargaining, else the mover may compromise with the quality of packing.
- And last but not the least, have a post move plan in place.
Over to you
You may have many concerns when you’re moving house, and each of the concern can be addressed by adequate planning. In most of the cases, inadequate planning results in plenty of hassles and stress.
And the mantra of moving house without any stress is to plan properly, research well and know everything in detail. Figure out the date of moving, check quotations; find the detailed process of packing, packing supplies being used and terms of insurance.
Apart from that, just ensure that you have sorted your inventory well, compared and negotiated with potential house shifting companies and finalize everything well ahead of actual moving day.
Try these hacks when you’re moving house next time and share your experiences. And if you know any other hacks that may help in saving, time, money or stress when moving house, then feel free to share it by commenting below.
Wishing you a happy and peaceful relocation!
The moment you think that you have to abandon your old and familiar house and move to a new place; all that emotions and tensions come gushing forth towards you. You feel sad and anxious; you are leaving your home and going to a new place. Moving and relocating to a new place is not always easy, both emotionally and physically. And for physical stress, you can hire movers and packers, but what about the emotional stress? Well I have moved and relocated several times, and I know how it feels. But if you look at it from the other point of view, you may agree with me that there are brighter sides of moving and relocating to a new place. And that’s what we are going to look at in this post. Continue reading Brighter Sides Of Moving And Relocating To A New Place
Apartment moving may appear like a much complicated task and you may be true to a good extent. To a good extent because there are so many smaller tasks and activities involved and unless everything falls into Place, you may end up in a mess. But apart from this, moving will become much easier when you know how to get it right. There are certain preparations and precautions that you need for apartment moving and that’s what I am going to talk about in this post. Continue reading 11 Apartment Moving Tips and Hacks worth Knowing