Safe and secured packing can be the key to hassle-free home relocation. But, packing the entire household goods can easily be overwhelming, especially when you decide to pack all the goods yourself. Proper packing requires adequate packing supplies, tools, a little bit of expertise and a lot of efforts, and that’s where the professional packer mover service adds a lot of value.Continue reading 7 Easy Tips That Will Make Packing Easier and Safer
Unpacking household goods and loose items packed inside the moving crate or carton boxes after moving to a new house may sound like an easy thing to do. But trust me, it’s not. In fact, I can tell you from my personal house moving experiences that packing and moving is just the 70% of the complete relocation process, and rest 30% includes unpacking and getting settled in comfortably in your new home.
And therefore, I never consider moving as a one long task, rather I consider it like a process that includes several important tasks including unpacking and getting organized and settled after moving to a new house.Continue reading How to Efficiently Unpack after Moving a House
In a Do-It-Yourself move, packing seems to be the most difficult part because most of the time we remain confused about what to pack and how to pack it right. And, it is actually very normal because household includes different types of items and packing in general becomes tough and tiring.
But, if you want to move safely and conveniently, without increasing the overall house moving expenses, then you have to do the sorting and packing right. You got to choose items as per their usefulness and the importance they hold in your day to day life.Continue reading Packing Checklist for Do-It-Yourself House Moving With Ease
Household goods packing and moving is way more complicated than you can imagine. And if you are planning for a do-it-yourself packing and moving of your household goods, then I think you should be concerned about safety of your goods. Proper packing of your household goods is seriously important because the safety of your household belongings lies majorly on how well it is packed. And that’s the reason, why we get so many calls from users who want to take control and pack and move everything on their own. Most of the time, they fail to understand what types of packing materials they should use? Well, if you are planning to pack and move your goods safely and wondering about what types of household packing materials you will need to pack and move safely then here’s the post worth checking. Today I am sharing the list of the 14 most essential household packing materials you will need to pack and move all your household goods safely. Continue reading 14 Household Packing Materials Needed to Pack and Move Safely
People living in the colder parts of the world may find the summer to be the ideal time for moving and relocating a house. But those who live in the humid countries like in India, knows that moving house in summer is not going to be easy. Summer in many parts of the world is unbearable with the scorching rays of the sun raising the temperatures to extreme highs at times. It gets increasing difficult to go out in the summer days and if, in that weather condition, you are planning for moving a house, then trust me, it is going to be very stressing, especially if you have not planned your summer house move properly. If you are planning to move your house this summer, then you need to plan your summer house move appropriately. And today in this post, I am going to share a few of the most essential tips for moving house in summer. If the moving and relocation of house is on the card, just stay tuned and read the post till the end to pull it off successfully and without any hassle. Continue reading 11 Moving Tips for Moving House in Summer Without Hassle
Moving household from one place to another needs advance planning, especially when you are moving out of state or to a distant city. However, when you are in hurry, and have less than a week’s time, it gets a little nerve racking. What causes the tension is that, you have to search a new home, sort your things and pack, dump or sell the ones you do not need, arrange for the moving and then finally settle down. Frankly speaking, each aspect of home shifting takes decent time especially when you are moving interstate but if you have to plan and execute in hurry like within a week, then you got to be very systematic. And if you are planning to move this week and running out of time, then here’s the post worth checking for as today i am going to share with you the list of 10 moving tips for household moving in one week. Continue reading Moving Household in One Week: Tips to Plan and Relocate When in Hurry
Packing is a crucial step in home relocation. And unless you know how to pack your home perfectly, you may end up in a mess. Here are the smart packing tips that will make you feel like a pro and relocate your home in one day, without any hassles. Continue reading How to Pack Your Home to Move in One Day?
When it comes to house shifting, overall cost, time and effort required can give you shills down your spine. Both local and interstate house shifting can be tiring and stressful, especially if you have never relocated in the past. There are so many tasks to look at and it’s not going to be easy, and hence you decide to book movers and packers services. But even if there is a mover to help you relocate, having a bit of prior knowledge or experience of house shifting can be phenomenal. And if you are planning to house shifting and wondering about the stress, time, money and everything else, then here’s the post worth checking.
House shifting can be a messy affair, because there are several uncertainties. Finding rates of movers, proper packing, loading, unloading and transit insurance are some of the important concerns. And the mantra to have a stress free house shifting is prior planning and adequate understanding of the process and people involved (read movers).
On the basis of your research, you can decide what to do and what not to do. There is no shortcut to this, planning a month before the actual move will make the home shifting hassle free, and you will have enough time in your hand to relax and enjoy some quality time with friends and family.
House shifting hacks to save time and stress
Here are the quick and simple hacks to help you save time, money and stress when shifting a house, and all household articles.
- Start to maintain a diary or a writing pad where you can jot down all the smallest details. This way you won’t forget anything, and you will find all the things at your fingertips.
- Start packing prior to one month, at least so that you do not run out of time.
- Visit the local retail stores and see for the boxes and crates if they have some. If you are well acquainted with them, then you can get some of the packing supplies from them.
- Do the packing yourself (for smaller and hardy items) using original boxes, to cut off the extra budget on packing.
- Ask your friends and cousins to help you packing, you cannot do all the packing yourself.
- Arrange fun foods like pizza and drinks, and then involve all your acquaintances to help you packing your items. This way, you can spend some time with them too.
- Collect all the newspapers and bubble wraps that you can get, and use them while packing.
- Apply lots of packing tapes; use the tapes in the box joints. Taping is not to just close the box, but it also gives strength to the box to carry appropriate weight.
- Wrap the brittle items and glassware in towels so that you do not have to buy them again after you reach your new home. Pack them well so that they can endure the journey.
- Use bed sheets, linens and crumpled newspapers as cushions while packing the items.
- It is best to use the original boxes of the appliances so that they can be in good conditions.
- Do not hire the professionals for packing and unpacking as this can save some extra money.
- Pack the items which you use daily and frequently, which is necessary for you, do not include the items that you do not need.
- Get rid of the unwanted items, or the items that you do not use. You can donate them, put them on sale and also throw them. If you put them on sale then you can earn some extra bucks for you too.
- The more the number and weight of the items, the higher will be the rate of home shifting.
- Choose a weekday for shifting, as the rates tend to go higher in the weekends.
- Be flexible with the dates and time, have detail conversation with movers.
- Talk to at least 3 moving companies of your city before freezing one. Comparing often gives you best of ideas and helps you bargain and get better deal.
- Always take chance with bargaining, but don’t do too much of bargaining, else the mover may compromise with the quality of packing.
- And last but not the least, have a post move plan in place.
Over to you
You may have many concerns when you’re moving house, and each of the concern can be addressed by adequate planning. In most of the cases, inadequate planning results in plenty of hassles and stress.
And the mantra of moving house without any stress is to plan properly, research well and know everything in detail. Figure out the date of moving, check quotations; find the detailed process of packing, packing supplies being used and terms of insurance.
Apart from that, just ensure that you have sorted your inventory well, compared and negotiated with potential house shifting companies and finalize everything well ahead of actual moving day.
Try these hacks when you’re moving house next time and share your experiences. And if you know any other hacks that may help in saving, time, money or stress when moving house, then feel free to share it by commenting below.
Wishing you a happy and peaceful relocation!
You have completed your class 12 with flying colours, now you are set to study the subject of your choice in a degree course. Congratulations for your success. The college life awaits you. You have watched in many movies the rocking college life, the more colourful hostel life, and you are expecting to have a similar good time in your life too. This is the first time you will leave your home, and stay in hostel, so called unknown place, and for that, I am sure you will want some tips. We often receive enquiries from student via live chat on ServiceSutra about what to pack and how to move essential things. In this post, I want to discuss about how to do best packing for hostel. If you are moving to a hostel and wondering what is to be packed and how then this is the post worth reading. Continue reading Packing for Hostel – Things worth packing when moving to a hostel
Moving to a new house is actually challenging. Irrespective of whether you are packing and moving on your own, or whether you have professional movers on board to help you through the process. There are various types of items that have to be packed properly and movers do it to a good extent. But packing of dishes and glassware items require a little more attention because such delicate items could easily get damaged when not packed properly. So how to pack dishes and glassware items like plates, dishes, dinner sets and other chinaware? Continue reading Right Ways to Pack Dishes and Glassware for Moving